Admission ends 30 mins.
before closing time.
TODAY’S SUNSET TIME
Shimane Art Museum, standing on the shore of Shinjiko Lake, is an art museum with the theme of harmonizing with water.
From March to September, we are open until 30 minutes after sunset to allow you to enjoy the view of Shinjiko Lake at dusk from the museum, which was selected in the ‘Japan Sunset Best 100.’
October - February
10:00 - 18:30
March - September
10:00 - 30minutes after sunset
(Admission ends 30 mins. before closing time)
Tuesdays and December 28 - January 1
(when a national holiday falls on Tuesday, the museum is open and is closed on the following day)
Closed days may change according to the schedule of the special exhibitions
- 15 minute walk from JR Matsue Station.
- City bus ‘minamijunkansen(82 Uchi)’ from JR Matsue Station(Bus stop No.1) to “Kenritsu bijutsukan-mae”(about 6 mins.)
- City loop bus ‘lake line’ to “Kenritsu bijutsukan-mae”
- 5 minute drive from Sanin Expressway(Matsue-nishi off-ramp)
Operating Hours 8:00 - 21:30
Parking Fees free for first 3 hours
Figures in parentheses show the group admission fee of 20 people or more
|College students||200 (160)yen|
|High school students and younger||Free|
- Presentation of a valid passport or Alien Registration Card entitles international visitors to a 50% discount on the special exhibition admission fee.
(Admission for special exhibition varies according to each exhibition)
- If you see both the collection and special exhibitions on the same day, admission of the collection will be half price.
- Viewing is free for visitors with a certificate of physical disability, rehabilitation, or mental disability; chaperons are also free.
Artwork Commentary Service
Using the smartphone application “Pocket Curator,” commentary of the museum and around 120 artworks is available.
There is support for Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean. Audio guides are also available in Japanese and English.
The app “Pocket Curator” is required for this service.
Please download the application from the following site.
Shimane Art Museum
1-5 Sodeshi-cho, Matsue-shi, Shimane-ken 690-0049
TEL: 81-852-55-4700 (Operator) ／FAX: 81-852-55-4714